In recent weeks, protests have been raging across the US and the globe due to the killing of unarmed black Americans and pervasive systemic racial inequities. Unfortunately, tensions over the deaths of black Americans like Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor and George Floyd’s death are not new.
All of these incidents require not only our attention but a deeper understanding of systemic racism and implicit bias. We have carefully curated a growing list of anti-racism and racial justice-minded resources that we believe will be helpful during these frightening and frustrating times.
- “Stamped from the Beginning: The Definitive History of Racist Ideas in America” by Ibram X. Kendi
- “The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness” by Michelle Alexander
- “Dog Whistle Politics: How Coded Racial Appeals Have Reinvented Racism and Wrecked the Middle Class” by Ian Haney López
- “White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism” by Robin DiAngelo
- “Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead” by Brené Brown
- “The Future of Race in America” by Michelle Alexander (video)