Become a Tutor
Become A Tutor
OMSE tutors support the mission of the office by providing tutorial services to multiethnic undergraduate students in various academic disciplines. Tutors, hired for both their knowledge and ability to communicate, work with students to identify problem areas and misconceptions about the course material, provide frequent feedback, and work towards creating self-motivated, independent students.
The position is designed to enable tutees to better comprehend lower level required courses and to support the successful academic development of program participants. Tutors serve as OMSE ambassadors, and demonstrate academic proficiency in their respective areas of tutoring. Training workshops are held during the semester to prepare you for tutoring situations, and to gain valuable transferable skills that will help you in other aspects of your personal and professional life.
- Earned a grade of A in course(s) wanting to tutor and took the course(s) at The University of Maryland, College Park
- Must have at least a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be an enrolled UMD undergraduate or graduate student
Type of Roles:
- Lab Monitor Job Description
- Tutor Job Description
- Graduate Team Leader Job Description
- Study Lab Etiquette
- Guidelines for Tutorial Sessions