OAES Induction Ceremony
The purposes of the OAES Honor Society according to the constitution are:
• To recognize, foster, and reward academic excellence.
• To promote and encourage leadership with the highest ideals of integrity, honesty, service, and exemplary ethical standards.
• To promote and encourage stellar career and professional development and opportunities among OAES members
• To promote and encourage intellectual, academic and study abroad scholar opportunities among OAES members
• To establish and maintain close relationships and mutual understanding between faculty, staff and students
• To foster an awareness of community service as a crucial resource to developing a more just, compassionate, and empowering society.
• The membership in OAES is composed of undergraduate multi-ethnic students who have achieved a high level of academic excellence.
To be eligible for membership students must have completed 30 semester hours in undergraduate credit courses; have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.5; and be currently enrolled as a full-time student in good standing with the University of Maryland.
Contact: Nhaya Vaidya, Graduate Assistant